Pages

October 22, 2011

Tow Mater Cupcakes Inspired by Disney's Cars

Ready for some more Disney inspired cupcakes? This time I made some Tow Mater cupcakes. Tow Mater is an adorable character from the Disney's Cars movies. (Check out my other posts for the Alien from Toy Story Cupcakes and Lightning McQueen Cupcakes!)
Many of the techniques that I used in the making of these cupcakes were also used in the making of the Lightning McQueen cupcakes so check out that post if you would like more details. I started by icing the cupcakes with chocolate icing. I have to admit I liked making this cupcake because I didn't have to color any of the icing with food color. I used the icing right out of the containers from the store. What could be easier? Next I placed the little miniature candy bars that I had iced with white icing on the cupcake for the windshield.
I then piped the chocolate icing around the windshield and added black eyes with some decorating Gel icing. Want to know an easy trick for piping icing on the cupcakes? I used a freezer zip lock bag and cut a tiny hole in one corner. It was then easy to put the details on and I was able to throw the whole thing away when I was finished. I like easy clean up!
The teeth came next. I piped them on using the white icing. Remember, Tow Mater has one tooth that is shorter then the other! I added a cookie for the tire in the middle of his hood...
and glued four more cookies onto the sides of the cupcakes with icing. The Keebler Right Bites cookies were perfect tires!
There you go! Tow Mater cupcakes that any child or adult for that matter will love to eat. If you make some of these cupcakes for yourself I would love to hear from you!

10 comments:

Missy Smith said...

Oh my gosh, Marilyn! Those are just too cute!!! Allison loved them! You're so creative!

Cindy said...

Ohhhh I LOVE these! I am going to try to make some for our Fall Festival at church. We shall prove you are WAY more talented in sewing & cake decorating! Love them they look great!!! Yumm!

Ashley M said...

These are adorable!! I have been looking for some cute mater and mcqueesn cupcakes and these are the cutest ones I have seen! I will be making these for my sons 3rd Birthday!! So excited!!

Cathy F said...

A friend of mine at work wanted these for her grandson's birthday so I made one to show her, we haven't talked about it for a few weeks so I hope I'm not too late!! It turned out great!!

Unknown said...

I am going to make these for my 3 year old's birthday next weekend! i just googled "Cars Cake for 3 year old" and your blog was the first one that popped up!! thank you so much for posting such a quick and easy and FUN recipe!! I'm a busy mom with 4 kids.. so easy and inexpensive are what I need!! Thanks again!

Jen Martin said...

I am getting ready to make these in a few days! Any tips on getting the chocolate bar (windshield) to stay in place and not fall down? Thanks in advance!

Marilyn Robertson said...

Jen - The icing I used was pretty thick so I didn't have a problem with getting the windshield to stay in place, you can also put extra icing behind it as that might give it more stability. The more icing the better...that is how I always feel anyway! ;) Have fun making them!

Marilyn Robertson said...

Jen - The icing I used was pretty thick so I didn't have a problem with getting the windshield to stay in place, you can also put extra icing behind it as that might give it more stability. The more icing the better...that is how I always feel anyway! ;) Have fun making them!

Nina said...

How many ouches of cookies did you go through? I'm trying to figure out how many boxes to buy for two dozen cupcakes. Thanks!

Marilyn Robertson said...

Nina I really don't remember how many pouches of cookies I went through. I guess you could buy 2 boxes and then serve the left over "tires" as part of the treats at the party. :)